Brownie Cookies + a2 Milk®
This post was sponsored by a2 Milk® as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review.
I quit drinking real milk four years ago. My reason for removing milk from my diet had nothing to do with my health at the time. I quit because I started couponing. That’s right, I stopped because I didn’t have a coupon for it. Instead, I started drinking alternatives which did have coupons available, such as almond milk. That seems like a crazy reason, but it’s the truth. For various reasons I stopped couponing, but did not start drinking milk again right away.
I wouldn’t revisit milk until years later when I started drinking hot chocolate from my favorite coffee shop. It wasn’t until I started feeling my tummy rumble after drinking this delicious beverage that I realized there was dairy in it. I was surprised that it was giving me tummy troubles, as I had never experienced that before. It is amazing what happens with your body when you remove something completely from your diet and reintroduce it years later. In a way, I died a little inside. This thing that I grew up on, that was a part of so many childhood memories, that tastes delicious with cereal and pasta and cookies, was being rejected by my body. It became a war between my mind and my body. One would say, “I want you! You make my hot chocolate taste so good!” The other would say, “Gurgle gurgle gurgle.”
Recently I learned that dairy is made of different parts. Some people are only affected by one part of dairy, such as the A1 protein. This is why it is important to track what you eat and talk to nutritionist. The answer to the problem isn’t always so clear. All conventional AND organic milk in stores contains A1 protein! a2 Milk® only comes from specially selected a2 cows, whose milk is naturally free of the A1 protein.
a2 Milk® is not a dairy alternative. It is REAL milk! You don’t have to sacrifice cutting out milk like I did, or consume overly processed nut and bean based milks. a2 Milk® is expanding it’s a2 herd to New York and the Midwest as more and more people are realizing their tummy troubles are due to the A1 protein. With a2 Milk®, you won’t be compromising the milk taste that you love.
When I eat chocolate, I have to have milk with it. There is something about drinking a glass of water after eating chocolate that is just so gross! I love cookies and I love brownies, but what if you want both? Here is a recipe that let’s you enjoy the best of both worlds!
- 8 oz dark chocolate chopped
- 3 T unsalted butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup light brown sugar lightly packed
- Melt chocolate and butter in the microwave. Cool to room temperature (about15 mins).
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar and eggs. Add to chocolate and mix until well combined.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix until combined.
- Chill in the fridge for 20-30 minutes, until batter is slightly thickened.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (1½ T) or a spoon, scoop batter onto cookie sheet and place 6 to a sheet. Batter will be fairly thin.
- Bake for approximately 11 mins, until cookies are cooked on the edges but still soft in the center. Cool completely on baking sheets.