Crock Pot Honey Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
I don’t consider myself a chicken wings connoisseur, mainly because I never really ate them until recently. See, growing up I was always a neat freak. I hated getting dirty. Messy finger foods were out! And have you ever tried to eat wings with a work and knife? Too much work. Well, now I just suck it because wings are darn good.
Now my boyfriend is a wing lover, and he was not convinced that I could make good wings in the crock pot. [If you don’t have one, they are pretty affordable on Amazon.] “I’ve never heard of that,” he says with a look uncertainty. What men don’t tell you is that they want you to cook, but they want it done THEIR way. lol I am very good at ignoring him, and I continued with the process. Trusting it. HOPING the recipe would turn out amazing and I would be redeemed.
“These are the best wings I’ve ever had!” Now, that might have been the beer talking, but I heard it. I should have asked him to sign a statement! Seriously, the meat just melts off the bone when you slow cook the chicken wings. So tender. So juicy. So easy!
Moore’s Marinades and Sauces sent me their Original Buffalo Wing Sauce to try out. They are not paying me to promote their product. I loved it so much, I wanted to share this recipe with you. I got it off their website here and I’ve included it below. I don’t like spicy wings. This buffalo sauce is flavorful yet mild. Perfect! They also have other flavors: Spicy Habanero, Creamy Ranch Buffalo, Blue Cheese, and more. Check ’em out.
Serve with carrots and celery and your favorite dressing. I love ranch and the boy loves blue cheese. Sorry, I’ll have it next time, dear!
- 4 pounds frozen chicken wings, thawed
- 1 cup Moore''s Original Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 2 T Butter
- 6 T Honey
- In a large slow cooker combine Moore's Original Buffalo Wing Sauce, butter and honey. Stir to combine.
- Add chicken wings and stir to coat evenly.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to broil. Remove wings and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Place pan in broiler for 2-3 minutes or until the wings start to brown.