3 to 4 lb. boneless pork loin roast
1 large onion
2 large sweet peppers, 1 yellow and 1 red or 2 yellow
1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
3 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp. (or less to taste) jalapenos from a jar (pickled)
1 tbsp ground cumin
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. salt
Variations: I used canned green chiles instead of jalapenos. I also made only 1 lb. pork loin but used the same amount of veggies, and it makes A LOT of food.
1. The first step in the process is to prepare the pork loin by trimming off any visible fat. Then cut the roast in half lengthwise to better fit in the slow cooker. Place the pork loin halves in the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. Remove the seeds from the sweet peppers and slice them into strips. Slice the onion and add it to the slow cooker along with the sliced sweet peppers.
3. Now it’s time to chop the pickled jalapeno peppers and the garlic cloves. Add these along with the canned tomatoes, cumin and cinnamon to the pork loin in the slow cooker. Stir all of the ingredients to blend them together.
4. Put the lid on the slow cooker and set the temperature to low. Cook for approximately six hours and let the slow cooker work its magic on the roast.
5. When the pork loin is done, remove it from the slow cooker and shred it with a fork into bite size pieces. Put the shredded pork loin back into the slow cooker and combine with the other ingredients. Stir in the ½ teaspoon of salt and let the pork get hot again.
I received a discount on pork products from BzzAgent. All opinions expressed herein are my own.