Organic matcha green tea gives you energy, boosts metabolism, and has 137 times the antioxidants of brewed tea because it contains the entire tea leaf. It comes in powder form, allowing you to add it virtually anything!
Matcha Green Tea Cupcakes
• 24 cupcake papers
• 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
• 2 cups sugar
• 2 large eggs
• 2 large egg yolks
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup milk
• 2 tablespoons Matcha Green Tea Powder
1. Beat butter on high until soft, about 30 seconds.
2. Add sugar. Beat on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
3. Add eggs/egg yolks one at a time, beat for 30 seconds between each.
4. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Add to batter and mix to combine.
5. Mix matcha in with the milk. Add to the batter and mix until combined.
6. Scoop batter into cupcake papers.
7. Bake for 22-25 minutes at 350 degrees until a cake tester comes out clean.
Buttercream Frosting Ingredients:
1 stick butter, room temperature
2 tablespoons half and half or light cream
1 tablespoon Matcha Green Tea Powder
3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1. Mix matcha in with the light cream to make a paste. (If liquidy, let sit for a few minutes and it will turn pasty.)
2. Beat butter briefly, scrape bowl.
3. Add the sifted powdered sugar and matcha paste. Beat until smooth.
4. Apply to cupcakes with your preferred method. I use an icing bag.