Hot Dog Twists + Dipping Sauces for The Big Game
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own.
I get so excited for the Big Game and I love to throw a football themed party. It’s the biggest game of the year, everyone is watching and it is your time to shine as a party host. Rivalries can be fun, but we should all be able to agree on at least one thing: food.
If your team didn’t make it to the Big Game, you can still score a touchdown with your family and friends by creating a delicious “Homegating” experience. In my opinion, one of the best things about football parties is the food spread. Tyson Foods has the perfect snack hacks for Homegating, and everything you need is available at your local Kroger.
Ball Park® Hot Dogs can be transformed into an amazing snack that will truly be a crowd pleaser. Ball Park beef franks are 100% beef with no artificial preservatives. The premier blend of seasonings is flavor you can see. These hot dog twists are delicious and fun!
Hot Dog Twists
4 Ball Park beef hot dogs
1/2 C pancake mix
2 T water
- Take 4 hot dogs and cut them in half.
- Poke a stick through half a hot dog. [Note: the sticks need to be short enough so that they fit in your frying pan. You may have to cut them down to size.]
- Spiral cut the hot dogs by diagonally placing your knife against the hot dog while rotating. (Make sure you cut all the through to the stick.)
- Spread open to create space between the slits.
- Combine pancake mix with water. Divide into 8 portions. Roll the dough out into 5 inch strips.
- Roll the dough around the stick, in between the hot dog spiral.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat. Add hot dog stick to pan and turn quickly and continuously until dough is golden brown.
- Dab on paper towel to remove excess oil.
I love this snack hack so much! It is easy to make and tastes amazing. Both adults and children will love it. Hot dog twists are definitely a crowd pleaser. It’s also easy cleanup, seeing as how no utensils are needed.
Now I enjoy good ‘ole ketchup and mustard as much as anyone else, but why not make things a little more interesting? Here are two dipping sauces that will delight your Homegaters.
Chili Mayo Sauce
2 T sour cream
3 T mayonnaise
Juice of 1 lime
1 tsp chili sauce
1 tsp chili powder
Mix all ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Trust me, this is not very spicy. Everyone will enjoy it! If it is still too spicy, you can add more mayo or sour cream.
Honey Mustard Sauce
1 C mayonnaise
1/3 C yellow mustard
2 T honey
1/4 tsp salt
Mix all ingredients. This “homemade” honey mustard sauce is so good! I used raw honey and the flavor was amazing.
Touchdown! Party tip: You can serve your dipping sauces in individual paper soufflé cups so people can choose what dips they want and there isn’t any “double dipping.”
Tyson® Any’tizers® and Wright® Brand Bacon also make great additions to your tabletop tailgate. Tyson Anytizers can be found in the freezer section of your local Kroger store. Ball Park Hot Dogs and Wright Brand Bacon can be found in the refrigerated section. Mmmmm. I’m dreaming of bacon-wrapped hot dogs now! Oooo that gives me an idea. Bacon-wrapped hot dogs with brown sugar. Sweet and savory! The snack hack ideas are endless, so head over to your local Kroger today and get creative! Share your creations on social media with #fanfoodleague.