Molten Lava Cake Recipe
Some types of cake just cannot fail to satisfy the cravings of people. One such type is the molten lava cake.
Its name alone evokes that it is oozing with richness. It paints a tasty picture in one’s mind. If you are into baking, then this is one of the recipes that you should have in your arsenal.
You’re in luck. Now, you can learn a recipe on how you can make your own molten lava cake.
One half cup of unsalted butter
One fourth cup sugar
Two teaspoons of flour
4 ounces of chopped bittersweet chocolate
Here are the steps that you have to follow in making this kind of cake:
- Place the butter in a bowl and then melt it using a microwave.
- Add the chocolate into the butter and stir until it melts and it becomes mixed.
- Crack two of the eggs into a bowl. Crack the other two eggs in a separate container and get the yolks and add it into the other two eggs. You can get rid of extra whites.
- Add the sugar into the eggs and whisk it.
- Add the eggs mixture into the chocolate mixture together with the flour. Mix it all up.
- Butter and flour the molds that you will be using. Divide the batter among the molds.
- When you are ready to bake, heat the oven. Place the molds on sheets and bake until you see it puffing a bit. Ideally the baking time should be 7 to 9 minutes in an oven that is heated to 450.
- Put a plate on top of the mold and then invert it. Let it stand for several seconds and then lift it.
Now, you are ready to enjoy your molten lava cake. Ideally, it should be served with ice cream and whipped cream.
Amanda Bentley has 5 years’ experience in the food and beverage industry and currently works as a Content writer at Qavashop. Qavashop.com is an online store for all the “coffee aficionados” located in the GCC. Apart from providing its customers with quality coffee machines and consumables, it also provides them with skilled, knowledgeable advice on how to make their own restaurant quality espresso at home.