Rudolph Cupcakes | Christmas Cupcake Recipe
Christmas is coming! Rudolph cupcakes are a great way to get in the spirit of Christmas. These cupcakes are so cute and delicious. You can even make it a family event and have your kids help out. Putting the googly eyes on is a great job for the kiddos. You can make the cupcakes in any flavor, you just need chocolate frosting to make them look like reindeer. These are so fun to make and even more fun to eat.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping ease.
This recipe is a step above beginners, but I’m confident you can pull it off! Here is a list of kitchen items you will need to make these Rudolph cupcakes:
red cupcake liners
1 cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
1 disposable piping bag
edible food coloring marker
Now you are ready to make your reindeer cupcakes!
1 box of triple chocolate cupcake mix
1/2 C (1 stick) of softened unsalted sweet cream butter
1 1/4 C whole milk
1 package of Ghiradelli milk chocolate melting wafers
1 package of black candy melts
1 box of M&M’s (only using the red ones)
1 package of large edible candy eyes
- Preheat oven to 350 and line cupcake pan with the liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cake mix, butter, and milk. Mix until combined.
- Scoop the batter into the cupcake liners and fill about 3/4 of the way full. You should have 12 cupcakes.
- Bake for 21 minutes. Let cool while preparing the reindeer parts.
- Using a double boiler, melt the black candy melts. Once melted, prepare piping bag with and set aside.
- Using an edible marker, draw an outline of 24 antlers. Pipe out the antlers and let cool in the fridge to harden.
- Wash and dry the double boiler. Melt the milk chocolate wafers and dip the top of the cupcake into the chocolate. Carefully shake off excess chocolate.
- Dip remaining 11 cupcakes into the chocolate and let sit for 2 minutes before assembling the “face.”
- Place a red M&M in the center for the reindeer nose. I like to put the M side face down for a cleaner look.
- Place two large edible eyes above the nose.
- Using a sharp knife, make an indentation in the cupcake where you want the antlers to go.
- Carefully peel off the antlers from the wax paper and slide into the indentation.
- Repeat with remaining cupcakes.