Tips for Staying Fresh at Your Office Job
“Thanks to LISTERINE® I’m practicing good oral care as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars #Listerine”
I have talked before about my job change (I can’t believe it’s been 2 years!) and with that change came more responsibility, my own office, and getting to meet with clients frequently.
In my job as a paralegal, I have to stay alert, energized, and professional throughout the day. Clients are always coming to the office and I sometimes have to meet with someone without advance notice. My desk has a drawer that I call my “emergency drawer.” It has everything I may need to stay on top of my game.
- Hairspray – This is great for an afternoon refresher if my curls start coming out. If my hair does not feel like cooperating, I also keep a hair tie in the drawer to throw my hair up in a classy bun.
- Cashews – I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gone into client meetings with a rumbling tummy. I’m not sure if they can hear my stomach, but I can and it’s really distracting. This is a healthy snack that will satisfy me until the meeting is over.
- Tampons – I have emergency tampons in so many places, I probably have forgotten a few hiding spots.
- Ibuprofen – Getting a headache during the day is just not acceptable to me. Headaches make it difficult to concentrate and I need my mind to be right.
- Tea – I think we all know how beneficial tea is, and it’s a great alternative to sugary drinks. Tea is a great pick-me-up after lunch.
- Cough Drops – This is a new addition to my drawer after I had a cough that lasted a month. I frequently have to call the District Court and speak to clerks on the phone. I do not want to be coughing in anyone’s ear ever, as I find that very annoying myself.
- Mouthwash – How awful would it be if I went to meet with a client right after eating my lovely salad for lunch? Oh, I should probably mention it was loaded with onions because I love onions. More than 7 in 10 Americans believe having an unhealthy mouth can negatively impact one’s confidence giving a speech (75%), and more than 6 in 10 believe it can affect a person’s willingness to speak in a meeting (64%) and their ability to lead a meeting (61%).* Awkwardly covering my mouth with my hand, or maybe a piece of paper to be more discrete, is out of the question. I need to be able to take notes and look confidently at clients. I always make sure to rinse with LISTERINE® before I meet with a client, to spare them the details of what I just ate.
Poor oral health impacts your career opportunities more than you might think. Poor oral health is not easily hidden. It is always front and center, and is usually noticeable to those close to you. Most Americans believe that poor oral health can have a negative impact on the likelihood of being promoted (60%).*
Don’t wait until it’s too late to do something about oral health. Adding LISTERINE® as part of a twice-daily oral care routine can help ensure your mouth is always on your side. LISTERINE® Antiseptic cleans virtually 100% of your mouth, and quickly too! You can have up to five times healthier gums in two weeks and up to nine times healthier gums in four weeks.
LISTERINE is committed to promoting healthy oral care habits, that’s why they’re partnering with Oral Health America, who’s FALL FOR SMILES campaign is committed to educating the public about the positive impact good oral health can have on one’s overall health and well-being. OHA’s mission is so important to LISTERINE they are jump starting the giving with a $20K donation, with the hopes of reaching $40K through consumer engagement.
*All data referenced in this post was provided by the LISTERINE® Brand Survey. To learn more, please go to http://www.listerine.com/healthy-mouth-vs-unhealthy-mouth